Monday, August 23, 2010

Phoebe and Phoenix

I had my wonderful, terrific, loving grand children over yesterday and for a short time, I had a moment to observe my little princess. I find it amazing at 7 months. how her personality is starting to burst forth. I saw things in her that I have never seen before. She is strong willed, (don't know where she got that from), short fused, gets frustrated easily when she can't do things or keep up with her brother. Oh yea, I meant to mention she is very vocal and that her smile, brightens the room  She makes sure her presence is known.   Phoebe would jump out of your lap in an instant if she could, to go after her brother.  She is the delight of my soul.  She may be strong willed but that doesn't necessarily make that a bad thing.  To be a leader you need that.  She's a young lady with a future.

Then I have Phoenix, who is almost 17 months.  He believes the world revolves around him.  When he wants to play, he will make sure you know it.  You must drop everything and come play.  He is very focus.  His favorite toy is "The Ball."  When "The Ball" comes out, you can bet you will be there playing for a good solid 30 min.  I bought him a wiffle bat, what a mistake that was.  He is a slugger alright.  He can be dangerous with this thing so we have to hide it from him.  He's smart, he always knows where to look for it.  At 17 months, he shows great potential.  He may be a drummer, a baseball player, a golfer, or a stacker.  Only the good Lord knows what his future holds.

As you can tell, I'm a doting Nana, that loves these children and know that God created them for me.  To give me hope for the future and joy for today.  They are precious, priceless gifts that brings me hours of fun.  Looking forward to many more.  Oh yea, did I tell you they 're gorgeous.  I have wonderful visions of them coming here, after school sitting at the table drinking chocolate milk and eating homemade cookies, telling me about their day. Phoenix really likes fruit but there is something about Nana's and cookies that make me feel warm inside. God bless these two little ones of ours.  I really wanted to say mine, but I know I have to share.


1 comment: