Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In His Presence

            In His Presence


I sit silently, waiting, listening for him to whisper something in my ear.

Be it a word, a sentence, a phrase.  I never know.

There is peace, comfort and joy.  A sense of  anticipation.

I listen to soft music to welcome his presence.

He’s a dear friend of mine and at the right moment, he speaks.

Softly, lovingly and gently.

He says he loves me and his desire is, that I become all I was designed to be.
He is thrilled I have chosen to spend this time with him, to be his vessel.

The word for today is Love.  His love is beyond anything one can imagine.

So many people don’t understand this love.  They reject it.  His love, is too hard for one to fathom.  People think  they will have to change to be accepted, or that they’re unworthy to be loved by him.  It’s not so.  Christ  loves you just the way you are.

“Come to me and I will give you rest.”  Jesus is wooing you, he just wants to have a relationship with you.

The time I spend in his Presence is priceless.  It’s a gift, a treasure that I look forward to every morning.  If for some reason I miss that time, I hear him whispering throughout the day “Come, sit with me.  I love you”

When I hear this.  I will try to stop and take time to sit, even if it’s 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment